Demonstrate Your Care For The Environment
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for the environmental management of businesses. ISO 14001 was first released in 1996, revised in 2004 and is the world’s most recognized and used framework for environmental management systems. It is generic and applicable to any type of organizations, large or small, and within any business sector. ISO 14001 applies to those environmental aspects that the organization identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence.
ISO 14000 Family of Standards
The ISO 14000 family addresses various aspects of environmental management. The very first two standards, ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14004:2004 deal with environmental management systems (EMS). ISO 14001:2004 provides the requirements for an EMS and ISO 14004:2004 gives general EMS guidelines.
An EMS meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 is a management tool enabling an organization of any size or type to:
- Identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products or services
- Improve its environmental performance continually
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets, to achieving these and to demonstrating that they have been achieved
The ISO 14001 standard requires organizations to identify all environmental impacts and associated aspects. Furthermore to define environmental objectives and implement actions for improved performance to improve processes in prioritised areas with significant aspects. ISO 14001 lays forth a best practice for proactive management of the environmental impact of your organisation. When you have an ISO 14001 certified environmental management system you go beyond mere compliance. Your focus becomes continual improvement.
Elements of the standard
ISO 14001 contains the core elements for an effective environmental management system. It can be applied to both service and manufacturing sectors. The main elements of the standard are:
- Environmental policy
- Implementation and operation
- Checking and corrective action
- Management review
There are numerous benefits associated with a certified ISO 14001 management system:
- compliance with legislative and other requirements by providing a systematic approach for meeting current and identifying future legislation
- marketing tool as it provides a competitive edge over non-certified businesses
- Better management of environmental risks, now and in the future
- Overall cost savings: in terms of consumption, waste and recycling
- increased credibility that comes from independent assessment
- shares common management system principles with ISO 9000 and OHSAS 18001 enabling integration of your quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems
To download the PDF file on your computer, please right-click on the link and choose “Save”. If you prefer to preview the file online, please click on the link. PDF: ISO 14001
For immediate communication with us concerning Services, Support or Quotes, please call us on working hours by Telephone: (+30) 210-6047-411 or by Fax: (+30) 210-6046-507.