The ELOT1434:2008 standard
The Technical Specification ELOT1434:2008 was issued by the Hellenic Organization for Standardization (ΕΛΟΤ) on 2008. The specification defines the requirements for organizations of the automotive sector organizations (workshops, bodyshops, new and used car sales, parts, etc).
The Technical Specification is in line with the requirements of ISO9001:2008 and has the following major clauses:
- Operation Conditions
- Management Commitment
- Human Resources and infrastructures
- Characteristic of services provided
- Product Realization
- Measurement, analysis and improvement
The Technical Specification has an annex with specific requirements for the automotive sector. These sets of specific requirements are:
- General Requirements that are applied to every dealership regardless their operation (eg sales, aftersales, bodyshop).
- Requirement for sales of new cars that define specific requirements for new cars sales department.
- Requirements for service departments that define specific requirement for service departments.
- Requirements for bodyshops that define requirements for bodyshop departments.
Some of the direct benefits achieved by ELOT 1434:2008 certified companies include:
- Proves a framework for automotive businesses to establish a management system.
- Can lead to certificate and a quality mark.
- Can be used interchangeably with ISO9001:2008 and helps improve your organizational performance and makes it easier to measure performance and better manage business risk.
- Ensures that services effectively meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Enhances brand reputation and can be a useful promotional tool.